Saturday, August 7, 2010

Tool #10

This year I had the opportunity to visit another Pre-K center (Panda Path) and observe the students using the I-touches. I was very impressed of how they easily handle and manage the devices. Students knew what to do, for instance, how to start the application, what buttons to use or how to place the Itouch in the right position (vertical or horizontal). It looked like their little fingers were the perfect size for it. Also they were very familiar with the apps and these were appropriate with the Pre-k guidelines. In my personal opinion the use of Itouches not only help students to reinforce math or LA skills, also improve their fine motor skills.

Stundets were teaching me how to use the apps. These are some of the apps that I enjoyed the most that day: Shape Builder, Write Words and Monkey preschool Lunchbox.

I can't wait to get the Itouches and let my students use them as a tool to reinforce what they are learning. Also using the Flip cameras it will be possible to record and play the lesson in the I-touches as teachers at Panda Path did. I saw how children enjoy watching the lessons over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment